Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport MRT System Extended to Zhongli Railway Station Planning Report and Surrounding Land Developmen t Project.
The origin of the project
- When submitting the "Planning Report on the Mass Rapid Transit System in Taoyuan Metropolitan Area" in 2000 and the "Comprehensive Planning Report on the Rail System from Chiang Kai- shek International Airport to Taoyuan Metropolitan Area" in 2003, the original Taoyuan MRT Blue Line B1~B10 section were given priority for the route. The planned route is a part of the original route (formerly B8~B10 section), so this project belongs to the traffic construction of the extension of the airport MRT planned route. This project can connect traffic nodes such as Taoyuan International Airport, Taoyuan High Speed Rail Station, and Zhongli Railway Station of Taiwan Railway to provide seamless transportation system services. The project was approved by the Executive Yuan on April 15, 2010 with the letter No. 0990018887, and the whole project was scheduled to be completed in June, 2019, with a total project cost of NT$13.801 billion.
- The revised financial plan was approved by the Executive Yuan on April 15, 2013 with the letter No. 1020019379. The planned budget was revised to NT$13.8 billion. In addition, the project was affected by the underground project of Taoyuan Railway, and it could not be opened to public according to the original plan. The Railway Bureau submitted the first revised plan and was approved by the Executive Yuan on July 5, 2018 with the letter No. 1070022006. The letter approved that the Station A22 and Station A23 will be opened to public in phases, and the project
completion was extended to July 2029.
- In order to promote the project, the co-constructed interface engineering with the Taiwan Railway Zhongli Station was incorporated into this project. In addition, considering factors such as large
fluctuations in construction prices in recent years that the project funds cannot be accommodated in the original approved budget, the Railway Bureau submitted the second revised plan and was approved by the Executive Yuan on September 26, 2022 with the letter No. 1110026289. The budgets was revised from NT$13.8 billion to NT$17.302 billion. The Station A22 was opened to public on July 31, 2023, and the revenue service date of Station A23 is scheduled in July 2028. The completion of the project will still be in July 2029.
- Project period: April 2010 to July 2029.
- Project scope: This project starts from the Airport MRT A21 Huanbei Station (not included), with a total length of about 2.06 kilometers. The whole line is underground, and the route goes south along Zhongfeng Road, and the A22 Laojiexi Station is set at the intersection of Zhongyang West Road. The route continues to the south, turns east (left) near Zhongshan Road, crosses the residence to Zhongzheng Road, and sets up a crossing line under Zhongzheng Road, and finally sets up A23 Zhongli Station under the current Taiwan Railway Zhongli Station. The station will intersect with the future Taiwan Railway underground Zhongli Station, presenting the configuration of the MRT at the bottom and the railway at the top.
- Construction content: the A22 Laojiexi Station, the shield tunnel, the crossing line, and the A23 Zhongli Station.
- Program funding: NT$17.302 billion.
- Project location: Zhongli District, Taoyuan City.
- Project schematic diagram:
This project connects Taoyuan International Airport, Taiwan High Speed Rail Taoyuan Station, and Taiwan Railway Zhongli Station. Moreover, it connects Taipei, Taoyuan MRT road network with High Speed Rail and Taiwan Railway (West Main Line) and other intercity public transportation systems, so that passengers c an achieve one-c ar to travel and seamless transportation services. At the same time, it can accelerate the urban development of the Interna tional Aviation City, the designated area of high-speed rail Taoyuan Station and the Zhongli metropolitan area, and improve the overall transportation efficiency of the MRT road network. Cooperating wi th the underground project of Zhon gli Station and the overall planning of the existing urban development plan along the route, it provi des a safe, conveni ent and comfortable MRT system to drive local prosperity and development.